The center was initiated in June with the support of MAMTA, New Delhi under "Vihan Project" supported by Alliance India HIV/AIDS for the person infected with HIV in Himachal Pradesh. Following are the objectives of the project:
To improve the survival rate and quality of life of the infected people.
- To strengthen the care and support services
- To improve the drug adherences, positive prevention
- To reduce stigma in the society
- To strengthen the HIV infected people to fight for their livelihood and rights
- To share the problems faced by HIV infected people
- To create a health status data of all HIV infected people in the state
First introductory meeting was initiated with PD HPSACS and MAMTA officials and one coordination meetings with ART center with SACS representatives were organized. Networking with important departments like HRTC, Welfare, SC/ST/OBC & Minority to collect the information of welfare schemes initiated by these department and linkages of infected persons with these schemes to provide them more benefits. In this period 162 new infected persons were registered with the CSC. Out of these counseling was provided to 95 persons and thematic counseling was provided to 10 registered clients. The project staff has linked 4 missed/LFU cases with ART and also referred 6 new persons to ART center. The project staff also registered 6 PLHIV cases during home based services.