CHILDLINE Project was introduced by CHILDLINE India Foundation Mumbai with Himachal Pradesh Voluntary Health Association and Population Research Center (HPU) w.e.f from 31st March, 2006 with the installation of Toll Free No.1098 at HPVHA Head Office. The Project is supported by Ministry of Women & Child Development.
- To respond to children in emergency situations.
- To provide telephonic counselling.
- To respond to children undergoing any sort of exploitation like child labour, street children, child victims of flesh trade, children in institutions etc.
- To intervene the cases and match the available resources according to case requirement.
- To provide needful facilities like shelter homes, education, medical assistance, repatriation, emotional support and guidance etc.
- To create a structure and environment which ensures the protection of the rights of child as mentioned or ratified in the UN convention on the Rights of the child and Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection of Children) Act, 2000.
- To provide a platform for networking amongst organization and also create a child friendly relation.
- To create awareness among masses about Child Rights & about the activities of Childline.
- To bring together Govt. & Voluntary Organization for making the environment & System to work according to the need of time and direct the nation builders toward a more secured path for children.
Worksshop And Other Activies
- Awareness generation among masses by pasting CHL stickers on HRTC buses from May 2008 onwards.
- Organized few Stalls and other activities(Quiz Games) in local bazaars and mass visiting area of Shimla(Ridge and Mall road)
- Advertisement of Child line through local TV channel.
- Awareness generation with Municipality and Labour department on Display Centers.
- Awareness generation in Reporters of Print media,
- Appointment of Children in few Institutions as an Ambassador of Child line.
- Meetings with law enforcement officials, journalist and Stake holders of community on Regular basis.
- Workshop on Child rights with Media professionals.
- Workshop on Nutrition with stakeholder from community
- Workshop on Child Trafficking With Police
- Capacity building with several senior police officials and Law Administration.
- Regular visiting and meetings in Police Stations.
- Attended a workshop in Lucknow organized by NCPL
- Attended a workshop in Udaipur organized by CIF
- Attended a workshop on child adoption organized by Dptt. SJW
- Meeting with Joint Secretary (GOI) Ministry of women n child Development